Sunday, October 31, 2010

Advice to Baruch College

 There are many things that can be done to improve the college experience and the addition of new media is a good idea. For starters, Baruch College has facebook pages for various things such as bursars which questions can be answered without being there. One thing I dislike about the school is the lack of connectivity to internet when I borrow the laptops from the library. When I do get a connection it is slow. Often times I would go to my classroom only to find out it was canceled without any email or prior notice and it frustrates me so I would suggest professors to use maybe twitter or something the moment they cannot make a class. Many of the textbooks we get have ebooks but not all, it would be nice if all books could provide an ebook which would help greatly with the use of new technologies such as the e-readers. They could possible do a test run for a class which could be done through the internet with video conferencing.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same proposal for e-books. Our libary usually owns only one quatity for each kind of book. we need to wait two hours for the returned book, if we have all the bookss on e-reserve, it is much better for us. Baruch College can still reserve the copyright by open the e-reserve access to Baruch students only.

    ReplyDelete